Delish! This is also great the next day. You can make this with leftover rotisserie chicken if you have some on hand. You could also throw in different kinds of beans, cilantro or other mexican seasonings, whatever you like ... it's very versatile.
2 pounds uncooked chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
30 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups light sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese blend
4 oz. chopped green chiles
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. black pepper
12 medium corn tortillas, cut into 2 inch strips
salsa for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray and arrange half of tortilla strips in one layer on bottom of pan.
2. Place chicken in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water to just cover chicken. Set pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool, cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. Meanwhile, assemble together beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chiles, cumin, and pepper (I threw in a few extra spices too); add chicken when ready and mix well.
4. Add half of chicken mixture to the prepared pan, layer with remaining tortilla strips and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
5. Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 12, 6 WW points per serving. Serve with salsa on the side, if desired.